Isaiah 55:6-7 “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
In these verses, we can break this down in steps
- SEEK THE LORD – is to pursue with intent and zeal.
- CALL UPON HIM – is to utilize or employ His help.
- FORSAKE YOUR WAYS – to adopt His ways.
- FORSAKE YOUR THOUGHTS – thoughts we call in recovery stinkin’ thinkin’! His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways. Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts
- RETURN to the LORD and receive a welcome that will make you wonder why in the world you ever left! “that he may have compassion on him”… It is hard to share real genuine love in the absence of the one you love. God wants us close and HE is near but let’s seek Him sooner than later!